DYNT travels to Serampore, and gets involved in conservation of the town’s Danish heritage.
After the industrial revolution and before the British took over, the banks of the river Ganga was dotted with small European settlements. One such town was the Danish settlement of Serampore. The town served as a trading post for them from 1755-1845.
Dynt meets with a number of architects and professional working on a project by the National Museum of Denmark in conservation of their heritage buildings dating back to the 17th century. Dynt documents the restoration of 3 of the buildings built by the Danes which include The Denmark Tavern, The Danish Governor’s Compound and The St. Olav’s church. Dynt even attends the ceremony by UNESCO to award The St. Olav’s church excellence in conservation in South East Asia.
For more alternative lifestyle content please subscribe to DYNT.
Follow DYNT on social platforms